Grow . . .
'We live by faith, and not by sight . . .' - 2 Corinthians 5:7
Faith cannot be earned or bought, it is a special and wonderful gift from God. Like a seed sown deep within all of us, faith is there ready to be watered, ready to grow. Scripture tells us "For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—not by works, so that no one can boast". [Ephesians 2:8-9],
God invites us to start watering, cultivating and reaping in the harvest that Faith brings. Yet sometimes this is one of the most difficult things to understand about Christianity. You may have wondered any of the following:
- How do people believe in things they can't see?
- Can I attend church if I don't "feel" my faith?
- How can I have faith when bad things are happening?
- How do I get more faith?
- Is faith seperate from knowledge? How?
- Can scientific knowledge and faith co-exist? (PBPC resources can help with this and many other questions.)
Faith is simply trusting in God. No one starts out with a complete and perfect understanding of what it is and how it works. Doubt can creep into the lives of every Christian in times of hardship, which we all experience. The difference faith makes is knowing that God is with us during those times, and will walk us through, showing us ways to increase our Faith along the way.